We wanted to give you all a few updates on some up coming events and a change to the Barbell Club.
We have received good feedback about the new Barbell Club. People seem to be enjoying the programming and its great to see more and more people joining the club and doing the workouts. Now that we are a few weeks into the club we are noticing what is working and what isn’t working so great. Below is a change we will be implementing as of tomorrow, May 18th.
- Barbell Club workouts posted for Monday and Wednesday MUST be done at 7pm on Monday and Wednesday.
- Reason: We have had people come in to do the Barbell Club programming at 5pm or 6pm instead of 7pm. This is causing a couple of issues for us as we are limited to space, equipment, and coaching resources at 5pm or 6pm for the regular CrossFit classes. We strategically set the club for 7pm to avoid the issues above. We want to make sure we stay true to the CrossFitters who come to take a CrossFit class at 5 and 6pm.
- If you can’t do Barbell Club at 7pm on Mondays or Wednesday you CAN make it up the following day Tuesday/Thursday. Those days are more focused on body weight exercises so there is a bit more space and equipment available.
- Note: If you are making up the Barbell Club be aware there may NOT be a coach available to help you with tips or techniques. If you need tips and technique advice please come to the dedicated club time at 7pm on Monday, Wednesdays, and 11am on Saturdays. The coaches priority are the classes on the regular schedule.
- Note: If you are making it up and for whatever reason the coaches need the space or equipment because the regular class is large we will politely ask you to stop. We are sorry for the inconvenience but regular classes on schedule ALWAYS take priority over open gym.
- If we do see anyone doing the Barbell Club programming early on Mondays or Wednesdays, the coaches will politely ask you to stop. No exceptions will be made even if 5pm or 6pm is small. We don’t want anyone to think its ok when they see someone else doing it, then before you know it everyone will start to do it.
- If you are doing the Barbell Club or any class for that matter please put your equipment away. This includes erasing those small little whiteboards and returning it to the stack so someone else can use it.
We hope you all understand these rules. Remember Barbell Club is a supplement to our regular CrossFit classes. Regular CrossFit classes will take priority over Barbell Club. Please let us know if you have any questions. Thank you.
Memorial Day Murph WOD
We will only be offering one CrossFit class over the Memorial Day holiday weekend. For this special class we will doing the “Murph” Hero WOD, as a tribute to Michael P. Murphy. Murph was a United States Navy Seal officer who was awarded the U.S. military’s highest decoration, the Medal of Honor, for his actions during the war in Afghanistan. He was also the first member of the U.S. Navy to receive the award since the Vietnam War. His other posthumous awards include the Silver Star Medal (which was later upgraded to the Medal of Honor) and the Purple Heart. This was one of his favorite workouts as he would call it “Body Armor” as he did it with a 20lb weighted vest.
The class will be Monday May 30th at 9am. The workout can be done solo if you are feeling ambitious or with a partner.
- 1 Mile Run
- 100 Pull Ups
- 200 Push Ups
- 300 Squats
- 1 Mile Run
CrossFit Park WOD June 4th
Because we are hosting a self defense seminar at Evolution on June 4th we will be holding our normal CrossFit class at the park on June 4th at 9am. Holleigh Bernson Memorial Park is located at the corner of Sesnon and Porter Ranch Dr. There is a parking lot located on Sesnon Blvd. Below is a map with the location of the park. We hope to see you all there.